What a treat spending a week in Lake Tahoe while Stephen was dancing with the Lake Tahoe Dance Collective. Bret even had his photos featured in Pointe Magazine. There's a lot to do in that area including a visit to Squaw Valley (which we didn't discuss).
In this video we point out our five favorite things that we did while visiting.
5. Lake Tahoe - Go to Tahoe City to get the lay of the land. There's a visitor center and great coffee at Tahoe House.
4. Lake Donner - Not far from Tahoe, Donner State Park houses the museum, and a public entrance to the Lake.
3. Historic Truckee - Check out Marty's Cafe.
2. Emerald Bay State Park - For details on Vikingshaus, go to their website.
1. Donner Summit Tunnel - Directions and details are at the Donner State Park Museum.